Imagine my surprise to find not only is there an award out there for bloggers, but I got nominated?!? Awesome! Thanks to Emily for nominating me for a Liebster Award!
You’re wondering what a Liebster award is aren’t you? I had never heard of it before and was very glad the definition was found right below the picture.
What is a Liebster Award? A Liebster award is given to blogs with less than 300 followers as a way of making them more well-known. The rules for the acceptance are:
1) Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2) Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back
3) Answer the 10 questions posed by the blogger who nominated you
4) Select 3 – 5 bloggers for the award
5) Pose 10 new questions to the new nominees
6) Post the award on your blog
My questions from Emily:
1) Why do you blog? Excellent question. I do not have an excellent answer. My best answer is I do it as a way to document life and amuse myself. I also use my blog to keep grandparents/family/friends caught up on our sons’ lives.
2) Do you have any pets? We have an 8 year old brittany spaniel named Madison. We also have a 2 year old cat named Tabit with only one good eye.
3) Where is your dream vacation destination? The beach – with a good book.
4) What is your favorite blog that you read? Hanna Mac – She is a photographer in Texas and I love her photographs. I’m trying to convince Wade to take a trip just so we can get her to do family pictures.
5) What is the best book you’ve read lately? Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
6) Who is your celebrity crush? The fact that I sat and thought about this for 20 minutes must tell you something….
7) What would be your dream job? I have it right now – staying at home with my kids.
8) What did you do on your last date night? Friday night fish fry at Lake Front Brewery with friends
9) What is your favorite food? Mexican – of any kind
10) What is one of your goals for 2013? I would like to learn to use my camera flash (without having to ask Wade to set it up)
And I nominate….
Baby Babble – My sister documents the life of my niece in this blog. I am constantly amused at the trouble Harper can get into.
Along the Way – Adam and Lyz are good friends from our college days. They have two little ones and Lyz is good about posting pictures of their life in Georgia.
My Stardust Trail – Sarah and Rob are friends from my time in DC. Sarah is always trying out a new project and making me wish I were a little craftier.
Oh boy, Oh boy! – Krista is married to Matt. Matt was Wade’s best friend in high school. You can actually credit Krista with most of my pictures in the last four years. She is a professional photographer and we bought her camera when she upgraded to a new model.
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Morning person or night person?
3. Favorite book?
4. Summer sun or winter wonderland?
5. What do you do in your free time?
6. Do you make New Year’s resolutions?
7. Family’s favorite meal? (Share the recipe)
8. Preferred way to communicate? Email/text/call/facebook/etc
9. How many people/animals live in your house?
10. Favorite snack food?